Tuesday, June 10, 2008

My Week of Soccer, Food, and Questions



Last week was very busy indeed! I finally began receiving interviews from the 15 or so restaurants I had applied to the week after Memorial Day! Two interviews were from one restaurant in the Gaslamp for a busser position. The other two interviews were for a server position at a restaurant in the San Diego Zoo! The tourist attractions are gearing up for the summer season and have been recruiting additional staff to help with what will hopefully be a busy season.


I don't think I got the busser position. The Zoo position 1st interview was last Friday at 1:00 pm. I got a call for the second interview at 4:45 pm the same day. The 2nd interview (on Saturday) went well I think; and the GM says he'll be calling the chosen candidates this Thursday.


I also managed to get a gig with an event planning company I registered with as well. Last Wednesday night, I worked as a hamburger/sausage and bun assembler for a small food stand at the soccer match between Mexico and Argentina at Qualcomm Stadium. It was VERY busy! I later learned that the stadium set an attendance record for the match; 68,500 fans watched Argentina win 4-1 over Mexico. We easily served a couple hundred orders of hamburgers, chicken tenders with fries, and bratwursts.


I was also notified last Friday that I was selected to be interviewed for a position with the City of San Diego. That interview is scheduled for Tuesday, the 17th and can't come sooner!
Until next time...



4 comments:

Andy, Beth and Jennah, too! said...

Good luck on the 17th! See you in a few days!!

Andy Norman said...

Hope you did well on the interview. Let us know how it went.

Steven, Deborah, Ryan, Dani and Doggies too! said...

No updates??? How'd the interview go??? I keep checking your blog....would you update us soon please :)

Andy, Beth and Jennah, too! said...

and so... how did the interview go? What tie did you use? Can't wait to hear the good news!