Tuesday, July 15, 2008

When It Rains It Pours!


Hey Fans,


Pardon me for the lack of updates since my last post; but I forgot my password... Anyway, I got that straightened out and am back in action. Let's get right to it--I managed to snag a SECOND interview with the City of San Diego which I had last week! I think it went pretty well and the panel I interviewed with seemed like a really cool bunch. I'm soooooo glad the interview process is over and I should know whether I was selected by next Wednesday, the 23rd.
While waiting for interviews and job offers, I had the opportunity to work a couple more events including a welcome reception for 3,500 people in town for a biotech conference. Talk about a spectacular venue; it was held on board the USS Midway, a decommissioned ship that now serves as a museum. The reception was on the top deck of the ship which had panoramic views of San Diego Bay and the entertainment was based on a 1940s-South Pacific theme with a jazz swing band, USO singers, and hula dancers. Add a fantastic sunset and fireworks show--I was just speechless. And don't get me started on the food...asian inspired goodies like grilled salmon, a beef stir-fry dish, and coconut-milk ice cream. MMMMM.
The following week I worked as a server at a new Sheraton hotel resort in Carlsbad. The luncheon was held on an outdoor patio which had sweeping views of the ocean and the resort grounds were absolutely incredible! While I was blown away, one of the hotel staff told me that I should see the grounds of the Four Seasons La Costa which is another hoity-toity resort/spa located a few hills south of the Sheraton...maybe I'll get an opportunity to do that soon.
Meanwhile, the same week of my scheduled second interview with the City, one of my past employers offered me my old job back with a very favorable salary. Wow, when it rains, it poors! Ciao.

2 comments:

Andy, Beth and Jennah, too! said...

it's about time we got an update! We were hoping for good news on the interviews!... YEAH! Can't wait to hear the update on the 23rd! We'll have to check the blogs while we're in Seattle! The job on the USS Midway sounds awesome! I'm so jealous! We need to win the lottery so that we can go to those kinds of events... on a regular basis!!

Shannyn said...

Coconut ice cream is the best!

San Diego is awesome- thanks updating the blog so we can know what you're up to!