Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Home Sweet Home!


What's this? Gary has two new posts in one week? Yep, I'm afraid so!


First, I finally found a permanent place to live!! What a huge relief! I found this really small studio in the East Village district of downtown which is a 10 minute walk to work (at a leisurely pace) and just a block away from some really cool bars, bistros, restaurants, an Albertson's supermarket, and of course, a slew of coffee shops including the venerable Starbucks.


As far as the setting, think South of Market (SoMa) in San Francisco or SoHo in NYC. It's got a real urban vibe to it with lots of new high rise condos and apartment buildings, funky retail stores, a couple of high-end tattoo parlors, it's three blocks east of San Diego's tourist trap--the Gaslamp Quarter, and three blocks north of Petco Park--the home of this season's pathetic baseball team--the Padres.


Trust me, my heart's still at the beach (I'm only 3 miles from it), but staying here will give me a chance to save some dough and the opportunity to enjoy stability for a while!


Second, I decided to upgrade to a BlackBerry Curve PDA and let me tell ya, this thing does everything but the kitchen sink. (It probably does that too, I just haven't reached that part of the owner's manual yet)! My second two-year contract with Sprint ends in November so I decided to splurge with both the new phone and new carrier--Verizon.


Third, I guess now as a single guy in the city, I'm gonna have to start working on a love life, and maybe, a post with some pictures included...


Ciao!

2 comments:

Shannyn said...

Great news for us! I love SD and am so envious of your nice digs...I'll be here in the Avocado groves of Fallbrook! haha

My favorite place down there is the Rock Bottom Brewery...not too fancy but good!

Andy, Beth and Jennah, too! said...

you guys are just too cool...oh wait... you live by a beach...you really are cooler than us! I think we're just going to have to make a trip down and visit the new place! Gary... I'm SOO jealous you have NO idea! I'm anxiously awaiting photos... so get on with it!