Sunday, May 31, 2009

Big Ups to Lucille's


Given my slowness to maintain my blog on major life events, you know when I post a blog about a restaurant it obviously made an impression. Two words--Lucille's BBQ in Temecula. Last Sunday, we (Cindy, Steve, Deb, Ryan and me) took dad out to lunch for his b-day. I was impressed with Lucille's BBQ, a decent southern BBQ, good sweet iced tea and generous-sized portions. I had heard about Lucille's from a co-worker who's been to the flagship store in Long Beach as well as another location in Rancho Cucamonga and she raved about it. She was absolutely right on about this place! They even have a huge smoker inside the restaurant!


Of course the real estate side of me was impressed by its location in the new, open-air section just adjacent to the massive (enclosed) Temecula Promenade mall. The new section has an impressive lineup of stores including Williams-Sonoma--an upscale kitchen goods store, Pottery Barn, Sephora--a line of cosmetics, and a bunch of other nationally-known retail outlets which have definitly put Temecula on the map as far as retail store selection. I assume in the next few years once the economy picks up and the Temecula/Murrieta area grows, Nordstrom or Bloomingdale's could be next to be added to the tenant roster.


Anyway, it was good to hook up with my peeps after not seeing them for a few months. Steve has invited me to hang out with everybody in Lake Havasu this summer. I think I'll take him up on it. Anybody have any suggestions on how I can prepare to party in 115-degree heat?

3 comments:

Shannyn said...

Ya Temecula is really trying to bump it up...but the BBQ is amazing! I'm dying to go to the new PF Changs. Construction was so irritating for awhile I avoided the mall, but I bet it's fabulous! :)

Grammie Norie and Poppy Vern said...

Sounds yummy...got to try it next trip down..Sounds like you are enjoying your life in SD...what's there not to love!

Andy, Beth and Jennah, too! said...

did someone say "pottery barn?!?"